This page is for messages concerning crews, boats, etc. If you want something placed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The same information can be put on the HOY Facebook page. See: https://www.facebook.com/HeadoftheYarraPage You can also email us (address above) if you want to respond to one of these message. We will pass on the response and put you in touch with the requester.
We are also looking for Volunteers. If you can assist please register your help via email@example.com
Boats Available/Crews Seeking Boats
We will place any information about boats available for hire, or interstate/overseas crews seeking boats to hire as it comes available. We will be writing to clubs and schools asking for contacts about possible boat hiring, which we can send to prospective crews. If the items below have the tag "FB", they are from the Facebook page and you can respond there.
Rowing Victoria will assist also.
- Eyrin McCarthy, an experienced coxswain from Loreto College, Ballarat, is available and interested in coxing at the HOY. Interested crews should contact her at Eyrin.McCarthy@loreto.vic.edu.au
Crews Seeking a Cox
- Sydney Crew - cox required
Crew seeking a local cox to direct us down the Yarra. We are a MixM8 and raced a number of times in MW, MM, MixM8. Please contact June on 0412338777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Crews Seeking Boats
- Townsville Crew - boat required (FB)
Townsville masters ladies crew looking to hire a boat for Head of the Yarra, we are experienced rowers and have competed at this event many times in the past. If you are able to assist, please email Dana Green at email@example.com or phone 0432 898 484.
- BBC Old Collegians Rowing Club - boat required (FB)
BBC Old Collegians Rowing Club Inc (Brisbane Boys College) need to borrow a boat for the race. We are just D (average age of 50 years) and half the crew rowed for Queensland a few years ago and the others were all First VIII rowers in their day. The crew is appropriately experienced with half having competed on multiple occasions and our cox has been upstream 5 times. We have been rowing in a Sykes 2003 mould D average weight 85kgs and this has been ideal. We would like to hire a boat for training on Friday and racing Saturday. Please contact Wade on 0408 155 111
- Launceston Crew - boat required (FB)
A women's crew from Launceston are desperately seeking a boat to suit average crew weight 65-70kgs . We have a very experienced coxswain so your boat will be in safe hands. We are every keen to hear from you. Please contact Judy Fenner on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fremantle Rowing Club - two boats required (FB)
Fremantle Rowing Club (WA) urgently seeking to hire 1) a medium weight (preferred) or light weight 8 for women’s masters crew and 2) a medium weight (preferred) or heavy weight 8 for men’s masters crew. Please contact Stuart Wearne on 0400 820 190 or 08 9339 7286, or at email@example.com
- Scotch Oabkburn College - two boats required
Scotch Oakburn College in Launceston require two eights (schoolboy eight and schoolgirl eight). Boats and oars will be fully insured. Please contact Georgia Radcliffe-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Star Boating Club - four boats required
Star Boating Club in Wellington, New Zealand would like to compete in this year's Head of the Yarra but have not been able to loan a boat. Please contact Rees Ward (email@example.com) if you or someone you know have boats available for hire. Boats required:
1. Male B Grade 8+, 85kg average, start order 29;
2. Female B Grade 8+, 70kg average, start order 28;
3. Male Masters A-C 8+, 85kg average, start order 19; and
4. Female Masters A-C 8+, 80kg avge, start order 11.
The sooner we can secure boats, the sooner we can arrange flights to Australia, accommodation and enter the Head of the Yarra.
- JCU and Townsville Rowing Clubs - boat required (FB)
A JCU and Townsville Rowing Club composite crew is seeking a Male Master 80kg 8+. The crew is experienced with members having competed in previous years. Please email Adrian Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crew Members Wanted
Rower(s) Seeking a Crew
- Angela Taylor and Hannah Nixon from Townsville & JCU Rowing Club will be in Melbourne the weekend of the HOY and are seeking a crew to row in. They both row each side. Contact email@example.com.
- Peter Brooks (82kg E grade- 56yo) fromCanberra Rowing Club will be in Melbourne on race day. Happy to fill a bow side seat. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Bromley Hoult is looking for a mixed or women's crew to row in. Have competed in HOY numerous times. Can row stroke side. 46 yo female. Contact Julie on 0426 104 660.
- [Seat found!] Liz Forde, NZ rower, Age 54 182cm – very experienced and strong sweep oar rower (prefer stroke side but happy to row bow side). Have previously competed in HoTY 4 times. Would like seat in Womens or Mixed Crew. Will be in Melbourne with a NZ Mens crew. Please email email@example.com